Crusader Battle

Another project I have been looking into is a Crusader, Islamic clash. I have a polyglot assortment of figures, I just need to field what I got onto a table.


Pictures of the units to be fielded. With an influence from Wargames Illustrated, this project will see the light of day.
Having read Dr. Steve Tibble's article in WI issue 373 November 2018, I have found that I can field an army made up of several of my Dark Age figures. The fact that I have few cavalry isn't an impediment.
So during this week, I shall see about setting up this battle.
My Islamic force is a bit small but had a good amount of camel and horse mounted cavalry. I also have a unit of Mameluke's who will masquerade as some exotic unit.
If the weather hadn't been so subzero and I hadnt had errands to do today, I would have had some pictures up
12/8:
So far, the Islamic force smashed into a Saxon battle group scattering them.
A Norman group is attempting to halt the Moors from crushing the Christian army

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pirates of the Hebrides 1100-1605

Field of Glory, Battle of Kinsale,Ireland 1602

Battle of Grundwald July 1410